Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The Model



I said I had made a model. Here are the photos. Note that I made a number of changes to the design after making this model. Which I will note after the pictures:



The most significant change I made was to invert the triangle formed by my three poles. That is to say, I put one pole on top and two along the bottom. Why?


It's hard to see in this photo, but the rear axle is at a noteworthy angle from perpendicular. Because there is no continuous bar from the main frame to the axle, there is a large amount of play, and a slight inaccuracy in the length of the poles or squareness of the joints easily become noticable errors in alignment. By using two poles along the bottom, these become straight by definition, and the number of variables is reduced.



No comments: